Monday, February 12, 2007

My trip to Toronto


What a trip! I attended the EDCO (Economic Development Council of Ontario) conference in Toronto last week, Tuesday to Thursday. The journey was far from pleasent...

My collegue, Ann, and I left St. Thomas at 3:30 p.m. (I was sad to have to leave Raj....for even the two days). After about a half hour Ann's oil pressure light came on, so we stopped and checked the oil...Ann added some more. We checked it once more and ruled out a possible oil leak. Well, the van ran fine again till we reached Hamilton, about another hour or so out. Ann felt than it was running a bit rough and pulled out onto the shoulder of Highway 403 . Just as we did the vehicle all together died! We waited for an hour in the cold for the CAA to tow us back to St. Thomas. Well to make a looong story short, we reached back and took our car, drove back to Toronto that same night, set up our stuff, and crawled into bed around 1 am. We were put up in the Mariott Hotel near Toronto's Eaten Centre. Nice Hotel (Pic attached)

The two days that followed were very busy!!! A whole bunch of people in suites pretending to know which way the economy is going, or when the latest election is going to take place, etc. . Made alot of new contacts and enjoyed something called "The taste of Ontario" which consisted of 2 hours of sampling the finest wines in the region. There were over 300 delegates there. It was rather interesting. One person came upto me and asked my "ethnic origin"....mistaking me to be a mix of East Indian or a bit of Fiji!Anyhow, I was eager to get home to see my hubby!! Felt more excited going home to see him than to have gone to Toronoto in the first place.
Although, would definitely like to go back and visit the Eaton centre....with John of course!

No comments: