Monday, February 19, 2007

Cupids Fault


You remember when you were in college and you started having thoiughts about what it would be like to meet 'the one', you're soul mate and all that wishy-washy talk? I remember especially longing for my true love and wondering where he might be and what that feeling would be like after watching such chick flicks and ancient films as 'The Sound of Music', 'Pretty Woman', 'Gone with the Wind', 'Breakfast at Tiffany's', etc. Always managed to snap back into reality thinking that this is in fact reality and 'soul mates', the 'love of your life' and all that hog-wash never existed!

Well, as if to mock and prove me completely wrong, cupid decided to play a naughty trick on me this time....On May 30th I 'had' to meet a guy (eyes rolling)...you know the typical "ArrangedMarriage" setup. Jeez, I used think that it was a bunch of rubbish...I mean, how can two individuals who have never met decide to marry after a little convo. Well, to make matters even stranger...after we met and went our separate ways , I knew that he was 'the one' (sigh!). And as fate would have it, guess he didn't have any objections either...and on Nov. 5th, 2005...we tied the knot...and a year and a couple of months later...I'm still beaming!!!! and So much more in love and awe struck then ever before...so much so that I wish I could kick myself to get my head back on straight....so this is what love does to you! I'm all over the place for my hubby and all I can say is...'It's Cupids Fault!'

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

*a very loooong sigh*

Anonymous said...

Hey , de-lurking to tell that was a nice nice post. .

I've already gone through 2 of these pre-marriage Mallu meet-the-boy fix ups, and nothing happened. I just don't know what to look for, how can you possibly decide after one meeting? Does it really just click? I'm getting old and worried... sigh

Anonymous said...

Hi anonymous!

I know exactly what you mean...I went through it...and people used to tell me that when you meet the person right for you, you'll know. I used to get so bugged...it didn't make any sense to me so I know exactly how you feel...but it is true! You'll see...be patient...it's one of those things that doesn't make sense till it happens to you. :-)

Anonymous said...

thank you, comforting to hear that ... will let you know when it finally does 'click' !!! :-)