Tuesday, April 17, 2007

To take or not to...That is the Question

Well, I hardly slept last night. Had swelling around my hips and lower back. Kept my poor husband up most of the night with my tossing and turning. Strange how I refused to take medicine in defiance of having any foreign objects messing with the natural healing process of my body. In the end I ended up taking a Tylenol (like Crocin) in the morning. So much for resistence:-) In today's day and age, it's the most natural thing to take tablets....but if you think about it, is it?! Is it better to rely on medicines or our body's natural consistution which is built to withstand and heal on it's own and hence would taking medicines only mess with that perfect system? An age old debate no doubt, but very valid....

1 comment:

Bungz said...

He he... I hear you. I dont like taking medicines 'cos they simply aren't natural - they are foreign to the body.

My guideline is, if my body cant handle healing on its own for too long, then i give it external support. If my cold persists longer than 10 days, it is time to take medicines...

Guess it is good to have the debate going on always. It will help us keep a check on what goes inside :P